Subject: Re: PAR-TBCIV/svhs input
From: [email-masked] (Justin Barrett)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 1995 05:58:00 GMT

On 13 Oct 95, [email-masked] spoke up and said:

Ia> In a message dated 95-10-13 15:20:59 EDT, you write:

Ia> >> My question is this:  is there anything in the PAR or TBCIV software
Ia> >> which needs to be done besides selecting SVHS in TBCIV preferences?
Ia> >> I have no problem grabbing off the composite output, but I get
Ia> nothing
Ia> >> off the svhs.  I suspect a problem with the TBCIV or s/w because I
Ia> can
Ia> >> (E/E) monitor the composite output even when svhs is selected in
Ia> TBCIV
Ia> >> preferences.  Any ideas?

.................snip....................... Also, on your TBC4, Check the
Ia> tool types on your TBC 4 software icon. Make sure your baud rate is set
Ia> to 31250. Then check dip switch #2 on your board. Make sure it is set to
Ia> on which is the baud rate setting for 31250. If the switch is off your
Ia> baud rate  is set to 9600 and the software won't be able to talk to the
Ia> board and you won't be able to control it through software.

I thought this set off an alarm in my head....checking the PAR manual, the
baud rate *does* need to be at 9600, which is done by setting DIP switch #2
in the down position.

Also, in the TBC-IV part of the PAR software, there is a button to toggle
between Composite and S-Video inputs.  From your original post, Brian, you
seemed to be looking strictly in the TBC-IV software.  Once you've got the
PAR and TBC-IV connected and talking to each other, you can adjust a lot of
the TBC-IV's controls from the PAR software....at least the ones you'll
probably be using most often.

         Justin Barrett - [email-masked] - 1:350/401
    Free Spirit Productions   -   Northland Cable   -   Peninsula College

 * Q-Blue 2.1 *
--
[email-masked] (Justin Barrett) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]